At Direct Strike, safety is not just a priority—it's our guiding principle. We understand the importance of staying ahead of potential risks, and that includes addressing the age-old question: Are lightning rods still necessary?
- 05/10/2023 0 CommentsAre Lightning Nods Necessary with Direct StrikeRead More
- 31/07/2023 0 CommentsDirect Strike: Ensuring Safety and Protection with Lightning Protection in IrelandRead More
Direct Strike are dedicated to ensuring safety and protection through state-of-the-art lightning protection solutions in Ireland. As a leading provider of lightning protection systems, we understand the importance of safeguarding properties, people, and valuable assets from the destructive forces of lightning strikes.
- 26/06/2023 0 CommentsThe Importance of Lightning ProtectionRead More
Lightning strikes are responsible for numerous fatalities and injuries worldwide each year. By implementing effective lightning protection measures, we can significantly reduce the risk of harm to individuals, ensuring their safety during thunderstorms. Strikes from lightning can cause devasting damage to buildings and the equipment that lies within it.
- 26/11/2021 0 CommentsHow Blackouts damage your computer and how to protect against them.Read More
As with any other electrical device in the home or office, your personal computer relies on a constant stream of electricity to remain turned on. In the case of a laptop, this stream of power comes from the battery while a desktop will generate the power directly from an electrical outlet.
- 27/09/2019 0 CommentsLightning Conductor TestingRead More
In order to ensure maximum efficiency and safety, your lightning conductor or your lightning protection system must be tested regularly. This annual testing is required under Irish law and no matter your business type or location, must have all lightning conductor equipment inspected and maintained.
- 30/08/2019 0 CommentsWhat is a Surge Protection System?Read More
Direct and indirect lightning strikes on a building can cause either a surge in electrical power. This power surge can have a detrimental effect on electrical equipment. Considerable damage will disrupt operational and critical services resulting in expensive repairs costs.
An effective surge protection system will prevent surges in electrical power from damaging your infrastructure or property in the event of a lightning strike.
- 23/08/2019 0 CommentsWhat Does a Lightning Protection System Do?Read More
Bolts of lightning are tremendous forces of energy. A single lightning strike can have anything between 100 million and 1 billion volts. If your building or property is hit by a lightning strike, it's easy to see how such a force of energy could cause serious damage.